Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Quote (and other randomness)

" I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human alivemess, humility, and dignity but for my fool." - Theodore I. Rubin, MD





Love that quote and these are my babes. Ariel (the calico) and Abby (the Tabby). We adopted these little fuzzballs last year right around Thanksgiving now that you mention it and they are an ENDLESS source of amusement.I shall make a list of amusing facts.

Ariel:
*wants nothing to do with people food...you could lay down a steak and she won't touch it.
* adores water out of anything other then her water dish. A glass of water is not safe in the house.
*eats cat treats really slowly...Abby usually steals them before she can eat them because she's so slow.
*will sleep anywhere....including on her cat bed or right next to her empty cat bed on the dresser. Seriously.
*fetches earplugs, hair elastics, pens....almost anything.
*doesn't mind getting a bath as long as you don't ger her face wet.

Abby:
*would sell her soul for a cupcake...she wants human food...all of it....any time day or night...which is wierd because we DO NOT FEED THEM ANYTHING BUT CAT FOOD.
* is afraid of the broom.
Eats cat treats at the speed of light. She's addicted.
* Also will drink water out of anything but her bowl.
* has an un-natural fascination with cotton swabs, she will come into the bathroon and beg for one if she hears me open the glass jar where I keep them.
*farts when scared.
*hates when we try and bathe her.

It's funny because you think of cats as just being house pets and not being that intelligent or having that much personality BUT THEY DO!
My friend Jaquel thinks that we are highly intelligent people (not sure exactly where she got that from although I do have a freakish way of answering the questions on Jeopardy but i'm pretty sure I hide that pretty well) and is always telling people that we have the perfect pets for us....freakishly intelligent cats. Go fig!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Oh my gosh Amy! Mom and I laughed so had at this post. Your cat's are so cute.