Thursday, September 18, 2008

gingerSNAP!














These gingersnaps are so yummy with cider or eaten on their own. I like to make them slightly crispy and I love the spicy flavor. Cece my little neighbor girl once requested these as her birthday gift! So delish!

3/4 c unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/3 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
2 c flour
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Beat butter and 1 c sugar on medium until well blended.

Beat in egg and molasses until fluffy.

In a separate bowl whisk ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt into flour.

Add flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture with mixer on low.

Using 1/2 tsp form dough into balls. Roll balls into remaining 1/3 c sugar. Place two inches apart on greased cookie sheets.

Using fingertip, place a drop of water on top of each cookie. Do not press down on dough.

Bake 12-15 minutes or until cookies are flattened or crinkled. Cool for two minutes on sheets, then place on racks.

Note: 12 minutes for chewy cookies, 15 for crispy.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I LUV gingersnaps! I luv Cece! I'm with Cece - I want gingersnaps for my birthday :)