Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy-O!

I think that one of the greatest blessings you can have as a person is growing up in a loving household. I feel so blessed to have grown up with loving supportive parents who loved us and loved each other. I posed about my mom a few months ago and here is time for daddy!
My dad always took up outside, fishing, hiking, camping....anything to get us out and active. Growing up in Northern Ontario we had no shortage of lakes and woods to explore. I think this beach is on Lake Huron, on Manitoulin Island (largest fresh water island in the world).











He was my driving buddy a bunch in college. I went to school from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm and then worked from 3:30 pm to Midnight at the office where he worked. I can't count the number of times I would come in and he had left me lunch on my desk (I came straight from school) or the Fridays that we would order Chinese and eat together. I had some of the very best talks with my dad driving home from work in the middle of the night. (Mom and dad at the grand canyon when they were visiting us in Arizona)











He LOVES Mexican food and other hot spicy fun food. He has us send him El Pato from here in Arizona and would add it to everything if my mom would let him. (mom and dad dancing at my wedding, hard to believe that was almost 5 years ago!)

















Dad had this great tradition of taking his kids on daddy daughter dates when we were growing up. Having 5 sisters and a brother (daddy son days too) it was really fun to get to go fishing just one on one, spend time going to a movie or out to eat one on one. I also totally get my music mania from my dad....my mother likes music but would be hard pressed to "name that tune" so to say...my dad and I can both hear a song and start talking about the band that recorded it, what other songs they have etc.

















I pulled together some of my fave pics of my dad last night and made this scrapbook page. Dad, thanks so much for my childhood. I couldn't be more thankful or wish I grew up any other way. I love you!

(This song is the song that dad and I danced to at my wedding)

2 comments:

Miss Jaster said...

pretty page! :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Babe! I love that scrap page and I love the old photos. Keep it up!