Thursday, January 03, 2008

feels like home

I love to have small, pretty, unique things around our home. I'm not a collector of anything and really don't have any patience for a lot of nick knacks. It's one of those things where you can appreciate why other people like them but have no desire whatsoever to do the same. These were on the top of our wedding cake and are now sitting in our kitchen on top of the microwave.












My dear, darling friend Nicole painted this for us as a wedding present and I painted the one below. These both hang on the side of a cabinet in my kitchen.













This little sign hangs just above and I LOVE it. My sister Crystal gave it to me and I don't know where she got it. I love the bright color and all of the fun stitching. Simply adorable!!












We had a good day today. E got a lot done in the classroom while I was at work and then after work we did some purging and reorganizing in the kitchen to make room for the things I bought at the container store. I've been in the mood to get rid of things so I expect that we will have quite a bit to bring to goodwill. It's a nice feeling trying to get to a place where you have space in your home and the things you have are either needed, beautiful or loved. I also made red velvet cupcakes for the first time, I hope everyone likes them. Also on the agenda for tonight was making a card for a co-worker who is leaving our office. Tomorrow is her last day and she will be missed. I'm thinking of picking different themes for each day of the week and posting on those topics each week. Any ideas?
Night!

No comments: